Cooking With Game

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking With Game

A forum for the cooking/preperation of all types of game from around the world.

Honey-glazed Duck Breasts.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Honey-glazed Duck Breasts. Empty Honey-glazed Duck Breasts.

Post  Admin Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:30 pm

serves:4
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 20 min

Ingredients

4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely sliced
    7g butter
    Squeeze of lemon juice
    1tsp caster sugar
    115g runny honey
    2tsps coriander seeds, dry-fried and roughly crushed
    4 star anise
    4 duck breast fillets, skin on (200g each)
    A sprinkle of Knorr Reduced Salt Chicken Granules
    Olive oil
    4–5 sprigs of fresh thyme
    A few sprigs of fresh coriander

Method

1.First make the apple sauce. Heat a heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add in 2tsps of water and the butter and bring to the boil, whisking together.
    2.Add in the apple and lemon juice. Cover and cook over a medium high heat for 5 minutes, until the apple breaks down, stirring now and then to cook evenly and release the juices.
    3.Remove and blend in a food processor or jug blender until smooth, then pass through a fine sieve. The sieving stage is optional, but I like my apple sauce to be very smooth. Stir in the sugar. Transfer to a serving bowl and keep warm until serving.
    4.Place the honey, coriander and star anise in a small pan. Bring to the boil and cook uncovered (taking care it doesn’t boil over), stirring often until reduced by around a half.
    5.Meanwhile, sprinkle the Knorr Chicken Granules over both sides of the duck breasts to season them. Add a little olive oil and spread evenly over the duck breasts, coating the breasts thoroughly in the seasoning mixture. Add the thyme sprigs. Set aside for 5–10 minutes.
    6.While the duck is marinating, pre-heat a good quality, thick griddle pan. Add the duck breasts skin side down to the pan and cook over a low to medium heat for 10–15 minutes, turning over halfway through.
    7.While the duck is cooking, keep an eye on the honey glaze, stirring it often as it reduces.
    8.After 12 minutes cooking, turn off the heat under the duck breasts and leave them to cook in the residual heat left in the griddle pan. This is something I do a lot when I’m cooking at home.
    9.Brush the honey glaze over the skin side of the duck breasts, topping each breast with a star anise as decoration.
    10.Garnish with fresh coriander sprigs. Serve the duck breasts at once with the warm apple sauce on the side.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:00 am