Cooking With Game

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking With Game

A forum for the cooking/preperation of all types of game from around the world.

Venison Burgers.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Venison Burgers. Empty Venison Burgers.

Post  Admin Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:40 am

Recipe provided by Kieron 222 from The Stalking Directory.

For a long time I have used pork to add fat to my venison burgers but after trying various recipes I have finally found something that I like and it doesn't include any bacon or pork which I always felt altered the taste for the worst. They are simple to make.

Ingredients
    Two slices of white bread, the drier the better so if it is really fresh leave it out to dry out over night.
    One egg.
    Salt
    Coarsely Ground pepper
    Chili flakes
    2 crushed garlic cloves
    1lb coarsely ground venison mince (I put mine through the course plate twice and the texture is far nicer than the finer mince)
    Tomato ketchup (2 x table spoon)
    Worcestershire Sauce (desert spoon)
    1 large onion finely chopped.

Prep
    Blend the bread to make bread crumbs.
    Lightly cook the onion to soften them and let them cool
    Mix all of the ingredients well.
    Split into patties or burgers.

Cooking
    Use butter on the pan and get it just about smoking hot.
    Cook the burgers on each side until nice and brown (don't over cook them as they will be finished off in the oven 3 mins each side should be fine)
    Then remove from the pan and pop them in the oven at 100DegC for about 7 mins.

These taste great and contain very little fat (unless you want to top them off with some cheese). Their texture is great as fine venison tends to pack very tight. The bread crumbs, egg and sauces keep them nice and moist.

Enjoy.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:30 pm